Day 4 - Happiness Challege


When was the last time you surprised someone with kindness? Maybe it was letting that car in during rush hour traffic or offering to help a mom watch her kids just to give her a break... kindness can come in big and small gestures, and is always appreciated.

Day 4 - 10 Day Happiness Challenge is: Surprise someone with an act of kindness & enter to win a year full of 🧁: a free cupcake each month in 2019 ($36 value) & this super cute sign ¨kindness...spread that shit like glitter¨ ($10 value) made by @etchandember

I remember in church we had a lesson on serving. The teacher talked to us about how women love to serve but they don like to accept service or ask for help. Not that Iḿ patting myself on the back because I know most of you are the same way! I HATE accepting help and for the most part will NEVER ask for help. If someone asks me ¨can I watch your kids¨ I will immediately say no thinking I dont want to burden them but screaming inside ¨say yes!!!!! you need a break!!!!¨
She gave us a challenge and said instead of asking someone ¨how can I help you¨ say ¨when can I bring you dinner¨ or ¨when can I grab your kids and watch them so you can have a break¨ I loved that!!!!! Because I know so many of you hate asking & accepting help. I challenge you to offer acts of kindness rather than asking. Find someone that you feel needs an act of kindness. Don ask them if they need help just do it! @nike Here are some surprise acts of kindness that people have done for me:

One day I was super sick and couldn't even get out of bed. My husband was out of town flying. I told him I really wanted Costco's chicken noodle soup. He knew I would never ask anyone to get it for me. He called my friend @tavawhitt & told her I was sick. Immediately she went to Costco, grabbed me soup, knew I probably didn't want to see anyone, dropped the soup at my door and texted me to grab it. It totally made my day and I never forgot how much it meant to me!

While I was shooting Holiday Cookie Builds I was having some really hard days. Jessica was one of the bakers on the show. I needed someone to talk to and we weren't even that close but I just felt like I could talk to her. I called her and she just let me cry to her. After the 12 hour shoot day I came to back to my shop and found a bouquet of flowers from her to Brighton my day. I couldn't believe she took time out of her BUSY CRAZY day to get me flowers! Another act of kindness I will never forget!

Last one - though I could share hundreds of kindness acts that sooooooooo many people have done for me, here is another one that sticks out. Before hiring my head caker Marissa to help me decorate cakes I did it alone. Sometimes not getting out of the shop until 2am. When I was pregnant with Ava I remember calling my husband at 9pm and telling him I was so lonely being at the shop alone. 30 min later I see the door open with Dexton & Allie holding their pillows and blankets. Dave came walking in behind them with a movie and pizza. He told me they were going to hang out with me while I finished up. I am an emotional person anyways but being pregnant you can imagine the joy and tears going down my face. It was such a little thing but meant so much to me!

Day 4 - Tell me what you are GOING to do to surprise someone with kindness or tell me how someone surprised you with an act of kindness. One person will randomly be chosen & win!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts